Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Amoeba Music Purchases - 7/31/12

If you see me outside of my house, chances are that I'll be wearing an Amoeba Music cap on my head. Amoeba Music is an independent record shop located in California. There are three of them in the state. The one in Hollywood is one of my favorite places to shop at. If you're a big fan of buying physical copies of music, movies, and posters, look no further. Amoeba Music is the place for you.

http://www.amoeba.com/

Today I went there with the intention of buying some documentaries on DVD because I'm working on one in August. After a couple hours of browsing around (time goes by fast in the building), I ended up with a few impulse buys, which could be good or bad.

I ended up buying the following:
- Dillinger Escape Plan - Option Paralysis Box set
- Chromatics - Kill For Love
- Hanna Official Soundtrack
- Catfish on Blu-Ray

Other than documentaries, I was also looking for a copy of "The House Of The Devil" on DVD/Blu-Ray. I heard good things about it and how it was filmed to look like a horror movie from the 80's. I'm also interested in making a horror movie so any kind of inspiration is helpful.

Amoeba Music Purchases will probably be an ongoing series on this blog so expect more of these posts whenever I shop there.



No comments:

Post a Comment